- Designed specifically for ease-of-use
- Simple to program from the operator panel or your PC
- Ability to allow process inputs from external sources
- Designed specifically for continuous process development
- Operational statistics stored continuously & permanently
Truly Unique Interactive Process Control
(NOT a cheap, limited-capability PLC)
- You may now interact freely with the process or allow process inputs to direct actions in a pre-determined way.
- Rotate forward, reverse, or agitate back & forth (cyclically changing direction (programmed in cycles per minute)
- Step backward and forward within a running program
- Loop a sequence of instructions either waiting for an external input or just repeat a step 255 times before
- Change speed or acceleration rate on the fly while running in edit mode
- Virtually unlimited number of programs with included PC interface software)
- Actual process, chemical, sensor names are displayed, not cryptic numbers, letters or symbols.
- Clear messages for alarms, failures, and deficiencies indicating what is wrong
- Each program step can be conditionally interlocked with multi-directed action
- Step forward, backwards, pause, stop or start at any point of your process
- Digital inputs (read and direct process based on: end-point detection, resistivity, temperature, pressure, level sensors, exhaust flow, safety interlocks, et al.)
- Digital outputs (control valves, mixers, dampers, alarms including light trees, et al.)
- *Acceleration / Deceleration (programmable in each step with 1 RPM/second increments)
- Speeds as slow as 1 RPM or as high as *12,000 RPM
Standard features include:
- Digital readout of closed loop speed control
- Non-Volatile memory
- Convenient twenty, 51-step program storage (can be rearranged in the field to a maximum of 128 programs with 8 steps each, and a minimum of 5 programs with 255 steps each, if desired)
- Vacuum and lid interlocks display of actual vacuum at the wafer (will not allow rotation if hold-down force is insufficient) the set point is user adjustable
- Step time from 1 second to 99 minutes 59.9 seconds in 0.1 second increments
- Design precludes accidentally re-running a process on the same wafer
- Password-protected (lock programs, assign different levels access)
- Standard communications port for PC software included see Spin 3000
Familiar keypad, function-oriented interface panel and graphic back-lighted information display
make the learning curve just a few minutes to program and use.
Touch Screen Interface
is now available.
All Laurell systems are forward and backward compatible we realize
that our customers will challenge us to be ready with new tools to meet their ever-changing requirements...
this has always been the motivation behind our designs. You'll notice we don't copy anyone
else's ideas they copy ours (or try to, anyway)...
*may be restricted to lower speed or acceleration rate based upon substrate size, weight or chuck type